Divorced and required to "share" your retirement plan with your ex-spouse? If you just give the money from your plan without following Federal guidelines, you will trigger severe income tax consequences. The way to avoid these consequences is by use of a Qualified Domestic Relations Order("QDRO"). A QDRO that meets IRS approved standards, will allow you to transfer retirement benefits to an ex spouse without causing you income tax problems. If you would like to discuss these standards and want a QDRO please contact this office for additional guidance.

The firm assists individuals and lawyers in drafting Court Orders called Qualified Domestic Relations Orders ("QDRO'S") which divide retirement benefits in a divorce proceeding.